Masterclass and Concert

Plug your event! Share information about upcoming concerts, workshops, scholarships ...whatever!
emelley

Masterclass and Concert

Post by emelley »

Dear Friends,

I hope the beginning of your school year has been rewarding and successful. I’m writing to invite you and your students to a special event at Providence College on Saturday November 3. We will be hosting the great trombonist, Ángel Subero and his band Latin Logic on our campus for a masterclass and concert.

Masterclass - Ryan Concert Hall, Smith Center for the Arts
Tentative schedule
2pm Demonstration - different styles of the Latin music world
3:30 Hornline/rhythm sectionals
4:30 Latin dance demonstration
5:30 Dinner break

7pm Concert in ’64 Hall, Slavin Center (free admission if you attend masterclass)

Please let me know if you’d like to join us!

Eric
emelley@providence.edu

More information:

Mr. Subero is an incredibly versatile musician, performing regularly with the Boston Pops Orchestra, and is equally at home in the classical and commercial music worlds. Additionally, Mr. Subero teaches on the faculty of the Boston Conservatory at Berklee and is an acclaimed teacher.
In the afternoon, Latin Logic will give a masterclass - kind of a musical world tour of the various Latin musics we play in Jazz and rock bands. After that, the band will break down into groups of rhythm and horns and provide more specific instruction on technique, stylistic elements, and improvisation. As much of this music is inseparable from dance, there will be a special dance demonstration to the clinic to help truly get the feel of the music!
In the evening, the PC jazz ensemble will open a concert with a short set, followed by a performance by the Latin Logic Band. Students and their teachers who attend the masterclass can attend the concert with free admission that evening (otherwise tickets $5/$10).
Latin Logic Subero Publicity.JPG
Latin Logic Subero Publicity.JPG (3.58 MiB) Viewed 10906 times